Style Your Links To Stand Out – 1
Do you pay much attention to how your theme’s links look? Or do you just load up a new Genesis child theme and leave the link styling exactly as you found it?
I don’t. I always, no matter what theme I use, re-style my link to be blue in colour. It does not matter what my site’s colour scheme is, I use blue for my links. There is always a shade of blue that will at once be in harmony with my colour scheme but also stand out.
Why do I use blue? I use blue because this is standard colour for links, and always was in the past and it is the colour used in Google search so people are used to clicking links that are blue.
There are many ways you could restyle your links. In this blueprint we will do a very simple re-style. The idea is to
- Make the links some form of blue, and bright enough to stand out. The actual color blue that you choose will be up to you.
- Improve the underlining of the link
- Only automatically restyle links in the main content area. Other links will rely on a class being set on the link.
- Genesis Extender plugin is used to add the custom CSS.
- eleven40 Pro theme was used in the demo, although you should be able to use any Genesis child theme with this blueprint. But if you use a different one it may require one or two small changes to the CSS. The best thing to do it try it and see.